Do you need help unlocking the root chakra? With a few simple exercises and performed only a few times a week, they can be of great help in balancing the root energy center. If you practice these routines regularly and maintain discipline, the results will be reflected in a few weeks.
Once you integrate some of these exercises into your daily routine, the energy that you will gain from this practice will help you maintain stability in your daily tasks and confrontations with other people.
1. Pranayama breathing exercise
Relax, shake your limbs – start with your legs and then work your way up to your arms.
Sit on the floor in an upright position and do the following breathing exercise:
- Bend the index and middle fingers of the right hand and take a deep breath, use the thumb to close the right nostril, inhale and exhale through the left nostril.
- Let go of the right nostril and use the ring and little finger to close the left nostril.
- Inhale and exhale through the right nostril.
Repeat this breathing exercise for a few minutes. The breath should be inaudible, smooth, and deep.
2. Yoga poses: cat and cow
Kneel on all fours and repeat the “cat / cow” pose several times:
- Start with the “cow” pose. Bring your belly to the floor while lifting your chest and chin.
- Transition to “cat” pose by arching your back toward the ceiling as you exhale and letting your head hang.
- Return to the “cow” position as you inhale.
- Repeat the process.
Root chakra yoga pose: the cat
Root chakra yoga pose: the cow
3. Raven yoga pose
Assume the “Raven” pose:
- Straddle, turn your toes slightly outward, and carefully lower yourself into a squat. Make sure to keep your spine straight.
- Rest your arms against your knees and try to keep your feet flat on the ground. Be careful not to overstretch. At first, you should make an effort to align your butt with your knees.
- Hold this position for seven inhalations and exhalations. On each inhale, draw your sphincter slightly upward and relax a little with each exhale.
Slowly return to the standing position.
4. Yoga posture: Sukhasana and Muda Jnana
- Sit on the floor, cross your shins, widen your knees, and place each foot under the opposite knee. Place your hands on your knees with your palms facing up.
- Form a circle with your thumbs and index fingers. Relax and breathe deeply through your nose.
- With each exhalation, repeat the mantra “Lam”.
- Finish with a couple of deep breaths through your nose.
- Repeat everything seven times while you focus on your root chakra.
5. Crystals to unlock the root chakra
Root chakra stones and crystals: they are
- Red jasper
- Red coral
- Red tiger eye
- Smoky quartz
Use your instinct to choose a gemstone. Be aware of the crystal energy flowing into your hands and from there to your root chakra. Visualize and feel this flow of energy.
You can keep your stones close to you at all times by wearing them around your neck as a pendant, around your wrist as a bracelet, or on your finger as a ring.
Keep your stones close when you meditate, do yoga poses, or repeat affirmations.
It helps root chakra healing, if you place them on your body, in the pelvic area where the root chakra is located, or if you hold it in the palm of your hand near the location of the base chakra.
You can try several stones before discovering the stone or combination of stones that best suits your needs. The stones and crystals you use don’t need to be expensive to help with root chakra healing. Nature provides, all you need to do is search for it.
6. Meditation to unlock the root chakra
Meditation harmonization of your root chakra:
- Lie on your back and close your eyes.
- Relax and feel the earth carry you.
- Place the palms of your hands on the lower abdomen, near the groin area.
- The thumbs should be in line with the pelvic bone, while the rest of the fingers should be down toward the toes.
- With each inhalation, imagine that you are absorbing the energy of life.
- Breathe out deeply and focus on the energy flowing into your base chakra.
- Imagine a stream of warm red light flowing from your hands to your lower abdomen.
- Visualize your entire lower abdomen glowing with red light.
- Continue to visualize this image until you inhale and exhale seven times.
- Finish by placing your arms on the ground, parallel to your body, and enjoy the lingering calming effects of meditation.
Symptoms when unlocking the root chakra
The symptoms that accompany the opening of your root chakra can often be felt on a physical level. As your chakra is healing, there is an intensified flow of energy through it. This increased energy can manifest itself in the form of physical sensations.
Some of the most obvious physical symptoms are a sensation of heat or pulsating energy in the pelvic area. This reaction can spread along your feet and up to your lower abdominal region.
Another symptom of root chakra opening can be felt as intense energy flowing into your sexual organs.
Because there is a greater flow of energy through the base chakra, the energy pressure in the second chakra also rises. The second chakra is associated with sexuality and sensual pleasure. Therefore, a strong sexual desire can be felt.
If your goal is to progress with spiritual work and bring this energy to the higher chakras, it is important that you refrain from physically releasing this accumulated energy. Instead, you can try to distribute this energy throughout the seven chakras with the help of breathing and visualization, or relax and let it settle or fade.
Accompanying a large release of energy or a blockage removal, it is not uncommon to feel the root chakra opening symptom as pain in or around your pelvic area.
Usually such pain goes away in a few days and after that progress with more energy work will be much easier as the main blockage will be removed.
Although the symptoms can sometimes be unpleasant, on rare occasions, there are significant benefits later on. These can be felt both physically and psychologically, emotionally and mentally.