The best time to start unlocking your third eye chakra is when you feel that you are physically fit and emotionally stable.
As with other chakras, you will find methods such as yoga, mudras, gemstone work and meditations, very valuable tools to open your crown chakra.
Find the meditation method that works for you, and be sure to take time to relax and keep external thoughts, emotions, and urges at bay for a while.
The more you meditate, the more you can free yourself from the physical world and explore spirituality and other plains of consciousness.
You may find the answers to the questions you most yearn for.
1. Crown chakra yoga pose: Parvatasana
Assume the “seated mountain” pose:
- Sit up straight and with your legs crossed.
- Close your eyes, raise your arms, and bring your palms together above your head.
- Your fingers should point upwards, the spine slightly stretched out.
- Hold this position for a few breaths before finishing it.
Over time, you should try to hold this position for a few minutes.
2. Crown chakra mudra : Matangi
Sit on the floor in an upright position.
The following hand position will help you strengthen your crown chakra:
- Bring your palms together and stretch out both ring fingers. The rest of the fingers should be intertwined and the right thumb should rest under the left thumb.
- Keep your hands aligned with your stomach.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply through your nose.
- As you exhale, make a long “ooooh” sound.
Repeat the entire sequence seven times while continuing to focus on your crown chakra.
3. Crystals to open the seventh chakra
Crown chakra stones and crystals:
- rainbow obsidian
- transparent tourmaline
Instinctively choose a stone for your crown chakra, pick it up, hold it, and keep it close. Visualize your crown chakra soaking up the energy of the stone.
Strengthen the beneficial effects of the stones by keeping them on your person at all times. Wear them as pendants, bracelets, earrings or rings, keep them in your pockets or in a purse around you.
It is especially important to have the stones close by when you meditate, repeat affirmations, or do yoga. You can even place them directly on your head.
Take your time when choosing your stone or a combination of stones. Relax and follow your intuition.
It may take some time to find the combination of stones that best suits your needs, but the benefits of the healing power of the stones are well worth the investment.
You can arrange your stones in different formations or stick to just one, over time you will find the application that benefits you the most.
4. Crown chakra meditation
Meditation harmonization of your seventh chakra:
- Lie on your back, close your eyes, and relax your muscles.
- Gently place your left palm on your head and place your right hand on your left hand.
- Take relaxing breaths.
- Take your breath deeper and imagine that you are soaked in cosmic energy with each breath and send this energy to your head center with each exhalation.
- Repeat this exercise seven times while imagining and visualizing this vital energy as a ray of light violet light or a pure crystal radiating light that flows from your hands to your head and throughout your body.
- Hold this position for seven breaths.
- At the end of the exercise, place your arms on the floor next to your body and enjoy the relaxing benefits of meditation for a while longer.
- Open your eyes.
Symptoms of opening the crown chakra
The feeling that your crown chakra is fully opening is a very deep spiritual experience. This is also often known as ‘Kundalini awakening’.
Therefore, the symptoms are mostly spiritual in nature. One effect is the loss of your ego, which means that you still maintain your awareness, control, and attention, but your mental chatter is silent and your “I” consciousness transcends the physical limits of your body.
You may feel telepathically connected to the people around you, being able to “read their minds” and also “feel their feelings.” You could even control the energy of space and the people (and animals) around you with your own feelings. How your “mood” changes, everything around you will change; you have telepathic control that originates from “feeling.”
You can expect to have visions with your eyes open or closed. You could be seeing energy flowing to and from your body, especially the bright cone of light that shines from the Universe through the top of your head and then downward, dissolving your physical body.
Feeling connected to everything, all of creation, supported by universal love in a place where time and space do not exist is a definite symptom suggesting that your crown chakra is fully open and that Kundalini is flowing freely through all of your chakras and Nadis and is burning the patterns of Karma.
The experience itself, if you only live it once in your life, is motivation enough to start working on your chakras and energy.