These exercises will help you unblock your throat chakra. This should be a spontaneous process, you should not force it in any way.
Anything that happens naturally cannot be accomplished by force. The best way is to simply start executing some of the simple techniques in your daily life and maintain discipline.
1. Throat chakra yoga posture: “the prayer position”
Assume the “prayer” pose.
- Sit straight in the Siddhasana position (bring your left foot to the perineum area, then take the right foot and put it on the left foot, the knees should touch the floor). Close your eyes.
- Bring your palms together in front of your chest, fingers stretched out and touching, as if you were praying.
- Take a deep breath. With your next breath, lower your head and let your chin touch your collarbone.
- Hold your breath for a couple of seconds and gently push your chin towards the indentation of your neck.
- Release the pressure, lift your head, and take another deep breath.
Repeat this exercise three times.
2. Throat chakra mudra: Matangi
Third Chakra Mudra: Matangi Mudra
- Sit straight on the floor, bring your hands together and interlock your fingers (starting with the right index finger).
- The thumbs should touch, press against each other, and point upward.
- Keep your hands aligned with your stomach and breathe deeply.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose and, as you exhale, say the mantra “ham”.
Repeat this exercise seven times while focusing on your fifth chakra.
3. Crystals to open the fifth chakra
Throat Chakra Stones and Crystals:
- Blue topaz
- blue tourmaline
- lapis lazuli
Choose a stone instinctively, pick it up and hold it frequently. Allow the energy to flow from the stone to your hands and from there to the throat chakra. Visualize this flow of energy as a blue stream.
Keep your stones close at all times by wearing them around your neck, around your wrist, or as a ring. Store them in your pocket or purse in a velvet or leather bag.
Keep your stones close when you meditate, do yoga poses, or repeat affirmations.
When you’re doing your throat chakra exercises, place them on your neck or in a formation around your neck.
You may find that a single stone meets your needs or that a combination of stones best suits your needs.
Choose your stones and crystals carefully. You may need to try several combinations before finding the one that best suits your needs.
4. Throat chakra meditation
Meditative Harmonization of Your Throat Chakra:
- Lie on your back and close your eyes.
- Place the palms of the hands on the neck, the wrists should touch the collarbone and rest there, and the fingers should point upward at an angle.
- Relax, take a deep breath and feel how you are absorbing prana.
- As you exhale, send the absorbed vital energy through the palms of your hands and fingers up to your neck.
- Imagine that you are receiving cosmic life energy in the form of a healing beam of blue light that radiates initially through your neck and then throughout your entire body.
- Hold this position for seven breaths.
- In the end, place your arms next to your body and enjoy the beneficial effects of meditation for a while longer.
Symptoms of opening the throat chakra
During meditation or when you focus on the throat chakra, you may feel different sensations in the lower throat area. The most common are the sensation of pulsing and moving energy and / or slight pressure on and around the throat
As the flow of energy through the throat chakra intensifies, different blockages are removed.
This practice can even be accompanied by physical symptoms, such as a sore throat, cough, and breathing problems. Also, problems with vocal expression can arise.
On a psychological and spiritual level, you will face challenges related to self-expression. You will focus on relocating in relation to your friends, co-workers, and other groups that require communication and teamwork.
You will know that your throat chakra is open once you find a healthy balance between expressing yourself and accepting others as well. As a consequence, your charisma will increase and the people around you will be more prepared to accept your opinion and might even consider you a leader.
Being completely open, sincere, and tolerant in communication with others is a clear sign that the throat chakra is open and balanced.