What are chakra stones?
Chakra stones are crystals, gemstones, and other composite minerals with unique properties. They are called chakra stones because they are used to balance the chakras and heal energy.
Based on their energetic attributes, we can group the stones by their alignment with a specific chakra. Each type of stone is used to balance a different chakra.
There are exceptions to this rule. You can use some chakra stones on multiple chakras, and some gemstones can even be used on all chakras (for example, Crystal Quartz).
How to choose the right stone for each chakra?
As a general rule of thumb for beginners, you can choose the gemstone to balance the specific chakra by its color:
- The red chakra stones are used for the root chakra.
- Orange for the sacral chakra.
- Yellow for the solar plexus chakra.
- Green and pink for the heart chakra.
- Blue for the throat chakra.
- Dark blue and indigo for the third eye chakra.
- Violet, white and transparent for the crown chakra.
There are exceptions to this rule, and you will learn best from your own experience once you start using gemstones and connect with them. Most people who work with chakra stones learn to feel their energy and relate to them as much as they do to living things. This is the best relationship you can establish with your gemstones to learn from them on how to use them.
Healing properties of chakra stones
Here is a short list of the main chakra stones listed in alphabetical order and their healing properties.
- Agate (fire agate)
- Align the etheric body with the physical body.
- Helps keep your feet on the ground
- Intensifies passion and emotions
- Stimulates the root chakra.
- Useful for affections of the intestines and sexual organs
- Facilitates meditation
- Helps communication with guides and angles.
- It helps to understand the root cause of the imbalance or disease.
- Helps reveal self-destructive ego patterns.
- Help those who feel they are not native to planet earth.
- It is used to heal patterns of addictive behavior.
- Helps with clarity of mind
- Boost creativity
- Increase clarity of thought
- Magnifies the power of will and manifestation
- Allows one to open up to the energy of the divine
- Helps overcome difficulty and adversity.
- Improves physical endurance and energy.
- Supports the endocrine system and proper metabolism
- Build confidence, courage, passion and power.
- Help take action
- Helps overcome fear to act.
- It helps to detoxify and cleanse the body of bad habits such as alcohol or drugs.
- Calcite (Orange Calcite)
- Provides solar energy to the body and the energy field.
- Helps with shyness or social phobias.
- It can help you overcome depression.
- Good for the endocrine system and hormonal balance.
- Access to divine energies
- Facilitates connection with superior domains
- Promote truth and vision
- It is used to clear energy fields.
- It can help to remove the density in the emotional body.
- Used as a support stone for other minerals.
- Clear up confusion and cluttered thoughts.
- Helps to think clearly
- Provides structure and focus to incoherent energies.
- It can remedy confusion, instability, and dishonesty.
- Balances brain chemistry
- Useful with dizziness and vertigo
- Strengthens bones and teeth
- Harmonizes and balances the heart chakra.
- Helps physical and emotional well-being
- Attracts abundance and prosperity
- Strengthens energy systems
- Lapis lazuli
- It helps to discover the inner divine nature.
- Activates psychic centers in the third eye.
- Cleanses the body’s energy systems.
- Help connect with the gods.
- Invoke divine inspiration
- Used in meditation and past life regression
- Improve intuition
- Kundalini energy starts
- Promotes clairvoyance
- Evokes patience and appropriate action
- Helps classify emotions
- You can tune in to the energy of the moon.
- Helps stabilize female cycles
- Obsidian (black obsidian)
- Eliminate negative energies.
- Clear the auric field
- Good for grounding
- Clears negative emotional patterns
- Eliminates blockages in the meridian system
- Quartz (transparent quartz)
- Amplify the energy
- Has memory and is programmable
- Brings greater spiritual awareness
- Open chakras
- Expand consciousness
- Used to communicate with guides
- Encourage clarity
- Amplify psychic abilities.
- Stimulates the nervous system.
- Hair and nail growth
- Quartz (rose quartz)
- Heals the heart
- Arouse confidence
- Releases tension and stress
- Dispel fear and suspicion
- Calm the mind
- Helps release worry, fear, anxiety, and past emotional trauma.
- Helps balance the physical heart
- Open and activate the third eye, crown chakra and soul star.
- Clear the auric field
- Clears congested energies
- Raise consciousness to higher planes
- Forces one to move forward in life
- Helps eliminate stagnation
- Tiger’s Eye
- Stimulates the root, sex and solar plexus chakras
- Helps take effective action
- Activate the intellect and sharpen the logic
- Energize the body
- Teaches the balance between polarities
- Supports overall vitality
- Strengthens the endocrine system
- Tourmaline (black tourmaline)
- Used for psychic protection
- Clear the auric field
- It helps regulate the electrical and energy systems of the body.
- Helps to disconnect from obsessive and compulsive behaviors.
- Helps purify the body of toxins
- Supports cleaning of heavy metals
- Protection from evil
- Increase wealth
- Stimulates the throat chakra.
- Helps balance mood and emotions.
- Increase emotional intelligence
- It promotes self-forgiveness, self-acceptance, and the release of regrets.
- Helps to oxygenate the blood
- Increase prana
How do the chakra stones work?
Chakra stones are used to activate, balance or amplify the energy of the chakras. Crystal healing is based on the belief that stones have a healing frequency that can be activated to help move or balance the energy around them.
In the case of chakra stones, the vibration of each crystal corresponds or resonates with specific energy centers.
You can use intention and intuition to activate the healing power of the stones. Active imagination or visualizations could help access the space where you can use stones or crystals in combination with healing the chakras.
The energy is channeled and magnified through the crystal. It then affects or resonates with the vibration or frequency of the chakra you are focusing on.
How to take care of your chakra stones?
If you own and use chakra stones, you must take proper care of them. In this way they will work with their best energy potential.
Just as plants need watering, soil, and sunlight to grow, and their life cycle is based on the natural laws of the earth, crystals also have their life cycle and different “needs” for optimal performance.
They need to be cleaned, charged and activated.
In addition to charging and programming your stones, it is important to regularly clear your crystals of accumulated “negative” or “strange” energy. This is especially critical when using chakra stones to heal yourself or other people. Using a crystal that has too much “strange” energy built up in an energy healing session is as if a surgeon is using a dirty scalpel in the operation.
What are crystals made of?
Crystals are special types of “stones” that are made up of one or more types of atoms. The atoms of a gemstone are arranged in a crystalline structure, a repeating pattern, that spans all three dimensions. Most crystals solidify through a unique process called crystallization, which means that the crystals grow.
There are many types of crystals and they differ in their crystallization and solidification process. They have different atom and chemical structures. Each type of crystal has its specific chemical, physical, and energetic properties, and it vibrates at a particular frequency.
The unique property of chakra crystals that makes them excellent tools for energy workers and healers is their ability to store and transmit information in the form of energy and vibration.
Using the terminology of holistic healing, we could say that each gemstone has its unique ‘aura’ or energy. These characteristics make the crystals attractive for use in science, industry, and also in holistic and alternative medicine.
How to use chakra stones?
The most common technique of using the stones is to place them on your body at the locations of your seven chakras.
You can wear chakra crystals as pendants, bracelets, or rings, or you can place chakra stones in a room in your home or office. You can even create crystal energy grids or altars and shrines.
If you use chakra crystals for healing, you must select the correct stone for the appropriate purpose, depending on the energy aspect or chakra that you want to heal.
The energetic interaction between the chakra and a healing stone is a two-way process . As the vibration of the gemstone balances and heals the chakra, the energy of the chakra is also affecting the power of the crystal, increasing or decreasing its natural frequency, and may be releasing ‘negative’ energies into the stone.
If you wear a gemstone in a room, its energy is in continuous interaction with the energies of the environment. Whether you wear it as a pendulum, bracelet, or ring, you are constantly in close connection and communication with your energy field.
If they are not in use, it is also essential to store them in an energy-beneficial container where they will not get “dirty” by the stale or overactive energy of the room where they are stored.
Therefore, it is vital to take proper care of your crystals and to clean, charge, activate and reprogram them regularly if necessary.
1. Balance the chakras by placing chakra stones on your body
If you are working with energies for the first time or if you have never used crystals before, you must first practice crystal healing on yourself.
Place the stones on your body at the location of the chakras.
The easiest way is to choose a few gemstones intuitively and try to do a simple chakra meditation with the stones placed near the location of the chakras. You can lie back and place the selected stone on the location of the related chakra and just relax. You can also place various crystals in the seven chakras. As you relax, you can practice various breathing exercises, and you can visualize the energy flowing through your chakras, filling them with healing energies and balancing them.
When you use gemstones for healing, the energy from the crystals will go into vibration resonant with the energy and vibration of your chakras. Through this vibration, the stones balance the chakras by stimulating (increasing) their frequencies or lowering them if the chakras are overactive. Crystals can also bring qualitative information (intention) to the chakras, which is a kind of programming.
2. Clean and revive the energy of your home with precious stones
Another standard technique is to place crystals in areas of your house, in places where you need to clean or boost specific energies. The shapes that work best are various groups of crystals and pyramids. Unlike pointed crystals, clusters project their energy in all directions and cover a larger room space. It is beneficial to place specific stones in areas of your home where it stays the most.
You can place agate or shungite stones next to your computer because they will help neutralize harmful radiation from electronic devices. You can also use crystals for concentration, such as citrine, fluorite, jade, hematite, etc. Just keep gemstones in plain sight in your work area.
The stones that fit well in your bedroom are, for example, amethyst, quartz and selenite. In addition to clearing the energy in the room, they will also help you get a good night’s sleep.
If you have a special place for meditation or a place to practice yoga, you can outfit it with a variety of gemstones intuitively chosen for the purpose and quality you want to bring into your life.
There are no hard and fast rules or limits when using crystals to improve the quality of your living space. The only limit is your creativity and imagination, and the only important thing with your arrangement is that it makes you feel good.
3. Build altars and shrines with chakra stones
Chakra crystals are often central objects of altars and personal shrines. Personal altars are collections of objects of power, which have significant meaning to you, and are organized by logic that originates from your intuition and creativity.
To create your altar, choose an appropriate location in your home and get creative. When you are building your energy sanctuary, you should be relaxed and calm. The act of manipulating his objects of power alone will have the effect of calming him down and strengthening his intuition. Just let yourself go.
The purpose of building an altar can be based on a particular intention, aimed at solving a specific psychological or physical problem, or it can be built simply for general protection and clearing of any negative energy.
When you are setting up your altar, you should also program the ‘objects of power’ for the specific purpose you have in mind. The method for programming ‘power objects’ is the same as for programming crystals.
Altars often contain objects of special value to you: statues, pendulums, photographs, incense, candles, precious stones, and other objects of power. The arrangement of the objects on your altar is also essential. What will you put in the center? What’s in the corners? What is its orientation towards the four cardinal directions of the sky? How does the energy flow on the altar?
These are just some of the questions that can help you when you are building your sacred shrine. But don’t worry, there is no right or wrong way. Just follow your feelings and be intuitive.
4. Enhance energy with chakra stone grids
Glass grates have similar properties to altars. The difference is that the default grids do not include other power items apart from gemstones. In this sense, crystal grids have less symbolic power but are more like ‘energy machines’ based only on the powers of gemstones.
Crystal grids are specific arrangements of energy stones, generally in mandala-like patterns that serve to manipulate the energy of the place where they are placed.
Crystal grids are extremely powerful ‘energy machines’. When the stones are arranged in a grid, they amplify the energies of the others and create a synergy. Two crystals that complement each other with energies can be much stronger than each stone by itself.
There are endless ways to build your glass grates, and there are many purposes these grates can serve. Once you are familiar with the energy of your stones, it is all up to your imagination and intuition.
5. Wear pendants, bracelets, and rings with chakra stones.
Another way to balance energy is to wear crystal jewelry: rings, bracelets, or pendants.
As with all gemstones, crystal jewelery also needs to be cleaned, charged and programmed. If you wear a crystal pendant or other jewelry, the stone is in permanent contact with your energy body.
The main advantage over other gemstone energy healing methods is that carrying the crystal with you will protect your energy at all times. Chakra stone jewelry not only looks great, but it also helps you preserve your energy when you are in contact with other people and face daily stressful situations.
There are many purposes for wearing gemstone jewelry. Most people use it to ground and balance their energy and to protect themselves. But there are other useful applications.
If you are attending a business meeting, you can use a throat chakra crystal to help improve your reasoning and communication skills. If you are in a meditation group, you can use the third eye or crown chakra gemstone to help you connect with heavenly energies while meditating.
If you’re on a date, you might want to wear one of the sacral chakra gemstones to enhance your sexual and sensual energies, making you more attractive to your partner.
As with other methods of energy work with energy stones, the only limit is set by your imagination.
6. Try the Crystal Water Chakra Stones Diet
A lesser known but extremely effective method of chakra stone healing is dieting. You can put the crystals of your choice in water (note that not all gemstones like water), leave them for a while and then drink the water. Some crystals can be slightly toxic, so you can put your stones in a special jar or in a small jar, which you immerse in water.
Water is a medium that can store energy and information and crystals will inform it with their vibration even if they are not in direct contact with the water. When you drink the informed water, your body will absorb the information and imprint this energy on your cells.
You can diet with only one crystal at a time, or you can use a combination of stones. Dieting with more than three crystals at a time is not recommended. The time period of the diet should be at least a week to a month if you want to make a really close connection with your gemstone.
For maximum effect, each diet must be supported by a proper diet. This means that you should not eat meat, salt, sugar, alcohol, or processed foods. You should also avoid eating dairy products during the chakra crystal diet, especially aged cheese.