Appendicitis is a condition in which there is inflammation or sweeling of the appendix. The appendix is a small pouch that is connected to our colon and is located in the lower right side of our abdomen i.e. stomach. The pain begins in the lower region of the abdomen and later shifts to the lower right side Appendicitis can affect anyone at any stage of life. But Appendicitis is the illness that has higher incidence in males. Appendicitis affects persons of any age, but Appendicitis is mostly found in young adults. Appendicitis may occur on its own with no particular cause. Appendicitis should be treated immediately otherwise the appendix ruptures and causes potentially fatal infection such as blood poisoning (sepsis).
In other words, Appendicitis is a condition in which appendix has no known function and it can become inflamed and diseased.Appendicitis involves emergency consultation with a physician and medical treatment.
Symptoms of Appendicitis:
Following are the symptoms of Appendicitis:
- Abdominal pain that becomes more intense with time, and generally worsens with walking or any sudden movement of the body.
- Inability to pass gas, diarrhea, lower abdominal sensitivity to touch.
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal swelling the symptoms of Appendicitis.
Causes of Appendicitis
The most common causes of Appendicitis are:
- An obstruction within the appendix, if there is a development of an ulceration within the appendix, leads to Appendicitis.\
- Foods or waste material like feces can enter the appendix, block it and causes Appendicitis.
- Swelling of the lymphatic tissues of the wall of appendix can also cause blockage. The bacterial grow due to blockage causing infection.
- Bacterial infection also causes Appendicitis.
Home Remedies for Appendicitis
Below are the lists of home remedies for Appendicitis:
- Green gram is used for Acute Appendicitis. It can be taken in a small amount of one tablespoon thrice in a day.
- Frequent use of tea made from fenugreek seeds is useful for treating the appendix. This tea is made by putting one tablespoon of the seeds in a litre of cold water and permits it to simmer for half an hour and then strained it.
- 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices mixed with 300 ml of carrot juice. This combined juice can be taken two times every day.
- Buttermilk is useful in handling Chronic Appendicitis. Take one litre of buttermilk daily.
- Drinking 300 ml carrot juice mixed with 100 ml beetroot juice and the same amount of cucumber juice, two times a day to cure Appendicitis.
- Agrimony and Dandelion are simple and equally effective natural home remedies for Appendicitis. Drink Agrimony tea every two or three hours to cure the disease and take two to eight grams of dandelion herb on a regular basis.
- Ginger and turmeric with their therapeutic properties are useful to cure Appendicitis.
- Take Gotu Kola herb two times a day for Appendicitis.
- Drinking one glass hot water mixed with two to three drops is another way for curing Appendicitis
Appendicitis Treatment and Advice
The most effective treatment and advice for Appendicitis:
- For Appendicitis you have to do fasting and should consume water only.
- For Appendicitis, you should have balanced diet and also avoid constipation.
- In Appendicitis the patient should accept all measures to eliminate constipation. Once the waste matter in the caecum has moved into the colon and is then getting rid of, the irritation and inflammation in the appendix will subside and surgical exclusion of the appendix may not be essential.