An allergy is the reaction by the body system which is not guided properly. The reaction is against certain foreign substances and it is misguided because the foreign substances against which the immune system reacts are usually not harmful to non allergic people. The substances which produce allergy are called ‘Allergens’.
Symptoms of Allergy
Some of the symptoms of Allergy include:
- Frequent headaches
- High fever
- Itchy, scaly rash
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Redness or flushing (erythema)
- Swelling (edema)
- Ear fullness and popping or itching
- Dark circles under the eyes
Causes of Allergy
The main causes of Allergy are described below:
- Shellfish, such as shrimp, lobster and crab
- Tree nuts, such as walnuts and pecans
- Cow’s milk
- Food poisoning
- Recurring stress
- Psychological factors
- Dust mites
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Insect stings
Home Remedies for Allergy
- The best home remedy would be a paste of sandalwood and limejuice. Apply the paste on the affected area. It will relieve you from itching and provide a soothing effect as well.
- Application of mashed almond leaves on the affected area would also prove to be effective.
- If you do not want to apply anything on the affected area, no problem. Put five grams garden mint in water and make a paste. Filter this mixture and add 12 grams of sugar. Intake this mixture two times a day.
- Allergy brings itching along with it. Rub mashed papaya seeds on the affected area to get rid of itching.
- Another natural way to cure allergy is to combine lemon juice with coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Yet another effective home remedies is a mixture of poppy seeds, water and lime juice. Crush a tablespoon of poppy seeds and add a teaspoon of water and a teaspoon of limejuice. Apply on the affected area to get relief.
- One of the easiest remedies for allergy comprises of food items that are rich in Vitamin C. Your best bet will be citrus fruits.
- Put two tablespoons of cider vinegar in a glass of water. Drink this mixture to heal yourself from allergy.
- Mix five drops of castor oil with half a cup of any fruit or vegetable juice or plain water. Drink this mixture every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Carrot juice, combined with beetroot and cucumber juice, is an effective home remedy for treating allergies.
Allergy Treatment and Advice
- Avoiding substances that cause the symptoms. At home allergy testing kits can identify specifically which substances cause reactions.
- If avoiding allergens isn’t possible a good alternative is a range of Antihistamine products that relieve symptoms, such as tablets, nasal spray and eye drops.