Acne is a condition which affects 80% of the people in their teens and twenties and 5% of older adults. Some people get rid of their acnes without any mark but in some cases permanent scars are left as the acne clears. These are unwanted for most of the people.
Symptoms of Acne Scars
The main symptoms of acne scars are:
- Lesions on the skin
- Redness of the skin
- Rolling or undulated appearance of the skin
- Small cysts
Causes of Acne Scars
The major causes of acne scars are:
- Loss of tissue
- Damage to the dermis layer of the skin.
- delayed, improper treatment or non-treatment of inflammatory acne
- healing process of the skin from the acne
- pinching and squeezing of acne
- Not keeping the skin clean .
Home Remedies for Acne Scars
The most effective remedies for acne scars are given below:
- Large pores on facial skin can be treated with paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the next day. This is an excellent and wonderful remedy to get rid of acne scars.
- To get rid of blemished and dark acne scars squeeze some juice out of lemons or limes. Apply the juice on your acne scars with a cotton ball. Leave this on your face for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Applying soaps and gels of aloe vera can help get rid of Acne scar to a large extent.
- Using beetroot and vinegar helps the scars go.
- This one is a little smelly, but has fast results (as compared to the others). Dab some egg white on the scars. Leave it on overnight. This will lighten the scars, as well as, prevent further acne problems. You can apply it on the entire face to prevent acne, in general.
- Lavender essential oil is a great remedy for scars. Consistent application of lavender oil on the scars will make the scars fade away, as well as, give you an even complexion.
- Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder.Apply the paste while sleeping and wash the face next morning.
- Moisturize your skin and fade away acne scars by massaging olive oil on your acne scars.
- Cut a tomato in half and rub on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads. This treatment is good particularly for oily skin.
- You can use petroleum jelly for reducing acne scars. Applying petroleum jelly to the affected area helps in moisturizing the skin and keeping it supple and healthy.
Acne Scars Treatment and Advice
- Severe cases of acne should never be left untreated.
- Don’t squeeze, pop, or pick at pimples.
- Being directly exposed to the sun slows down healing and can further the irritation to an existing blemish.